Tuesday 19 May 2009

Brilliant, amazing, quick sign up for 2010

Apologies for the delay on this folks - I have been out of reach enjoying the Scottish countryside after my 81 mile challenge on Sunday. Unfortunately the effects of a long day travelling back down south mean this post will be brief- however I will come back with more detail on the adventure this week.

In short - it was excellent, one of the best things I have ever signed up to. The route was stunningly beautiful and the comradery deeply exciting. I really did feel part of something big, something important and challengeing.

The organisers, supporters and Macmillan staff (massive thanks to Ellie who told me I could get up those hills and was at every point both encouraging and supportive) absolutely made the event. At every bend of the course there was someone there to support us- whether it was the local community cheering us on or a Macmillan volunteer who had peeled all the bananas for us which at 75 miles meant everything.

More on the actual event soon - as well as some footage which should be up next week on the Macmillan website - keep checking and let me know how you found the event. If you're interested in taking part and want to ask me a few questions please feel free to ask!!

1 comment: